Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Second Month Days 3 and 4

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)

Are you worried or anxious? What are you focusing on? Today is a gift from God and He already knows what will happen! Take a breath and refocus on God.

Do you have self-doubt? Do you feel like you're just not good enough or that no one cares? Stop comparing yourself to others! God made you the way He wanted you! Don't worry about what others think. Walk with God.

Dear God, I AM worried! I am worried about Tom and about not getting to talk to my friend. I am worried about not getting to see him ever again because of BUSY-ness. I am worried that he is TOO busy. I am worried about finances. Will we have enough to make it through another month of bills and doctors? Thank You God for creating me how YOU wanted me to be. Autism explains me, but it doesn't define me. The people who can look past the autism and see me as You made me and love me for who I am, who I was created to be, are the ones who point me back to You when I lose focus-people like Tom and my mom. The ones who try to change me or focus on my autism but fail to see me and love me for who I am, for who You created me to be, are not worth trying to compete with. Forgive me for getting so frustrated that I say I wish I didn't have autism or that I hate how You made me. Refocus my eyes, my heart on You. Help me. Refocus each of our eyes and hearts so we can rest in the peace that You are in control of everything, all the way from how our white blood cells work to how a missions conference will go. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

By the way, God, I love Your humor. Wal-mart has two piece swimsuits on sale now (before Valentine's Day), and in Alabama, we will surely have one last cold snap the first weekend in April. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment