Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Churches vs Westboro Part II

I said yesterday that in the face of disaster that a REAL church mobilizes to help. Westboro has released its statement asserting the same thing that happened to Tuscaloosa for the same reason also happened in Oklahoma. Well, here's what I have to say:

Dear Westboro,

You have no idea what being a church is about. You have forgotten about God's grace and love. While you sit at home and run all over the country spewing your hate speech, REAL Christians are doing what Jesus would do. What would Jesus do right now in the aftermath of the Oklahoma tornado? Read Matthew 25. Jesus would clothe the naked, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless. Churches and even universities in Oklahoma have stepped up to do just that. Throughout the Bible, one will read that God loved us while we still sinners, that He loved us so much that He sent His ONLY SON to die for us on the cross. An innocent man took all our sins upon himself and became guilty. That's the Gospel. A REAL church shares the Gospel. Dear Westboro, I am going to demonstrate the Gospel to you right now. You spew hate. I cannot hate you because God loved me so much that His Son died for me. I am imperfect. I have sinned. When my friend couldn't call me because his daughter was getting married and his family came earlier than planned, I was jealous. And I sinned against him and as a result I sinned against God. But you know what? My friend demonstrated love and forgiveness and grace and he is STILL my friend! Just like God is STILL there for me because of His great love for me! I have autism. I have an immune deficiency. Doctors gave me five years to live outside a bubble. I am now 34. Why? Because clearly God has a purpose for me and loves me. Why do I have autism? I don't care. It's my genetics. It's environmental factors. But it isn't my sin or the sins of my parents because when the disciples asked Jesus whose sins made the man blind, He said it wasn't punishment for sin. Dear Westboro, you're spewing venomous lies about the very character of God. And you will face God's judgment one day just like everyone else. When you stand before God, and God says to you, "Why should I let you into Heaven when you went all over the USA spreading hate in my name and had all those hate websites using My name?" what will your response be? God will say, "Depart from me, I knew you not." Because instead of helping the least of these, you spewed hate and spite. "Whatsoever you do to the least of these, you do to me....Whatsoever you didn't do to the least of these, you didn't do to me." What are you going to do? 

Sincerely,
A Growing Believer

No comments:

Post a Comment