Saturday, July 2, 2011

Proverbs 2 and Luke 2 - I Am Confused

In Luke 2, I read about how Joseph and Mary became frantic searching for Jesus when they could not find him in their caravan. They searched everywhere for him until they found him in the temple. A loving family apparently will search for their lost member until they find them - intentionally search for them - pursue them.

In Proverbs 2, I read about how if someone searches for wisdom, they shall find it. But it got messy for me as I read later in the chapter and almost felt as though it were saying that sometimes a person doesn't find wisdom and ends up being punished.

In my own life, sometimes I feel like I am searching for wisdom and not finding it, feeling lost and confused and not being pursued. This scares me. The lamb feels lost and confused, alone and scared. Where is the lamb's shepherd?

No comments:

Post a Comment