Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Psalm 41

O Lord, Be Gracious to Me

Blessed is the one who considers the poor! In the day of trouble the Lord delivers him; the Lor dprotects him and keeps him alive; he is called blessed in the land; you do not give him up to the will of his enemies. The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness you restore him to health. 

As for me, I said, "O Lord, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you!" My enemies say of me in malice, "When will he die and his name perish?" And when one comes to see me, he utters empty words, while his heart gathers iniquity; when he goes out, he tells it abroad. All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.

They say, "A deadly thing is poured out on him; he will not rise again from where he lies." Even my close friends in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted his heel against me. But you, O Lord, be gracious to me, and raise me up, that I may repay them! 

By this I know that you delight in me: my enemy will not shout in triumph over me. But you have upheld me because of my integrity, and set me in your presence forever. 

Blessed be the Lord, the God of Osrael, from everlasting to everlasting! Amen and Amen.

Dear God,

What would You have me learn from this passage? God, You protect the poor. You sustain the poor. That being said, please continue to intervene on behalf of the least of these with regard to healthcare and budgets in this country. Please do not let the programs that help the poor and the disabled and the elderly and the veterans be harmed. Please deal with those who seek to harm the least of these. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment