Monday, June 12, 2017

Psalm 13

How Long, O Lord?

How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?

Consider and answer me, O Lord my God; light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death, lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed over him," lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.

But I have trusted in your steadfast love, my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me.

Dear God,

What would You have me learn from this passage? How long indeed? How long will Americans who are in poverty through no fault of their own but merely because they are disabled or are disabled veterans have to suffer at the hands of arrogant republicans who keep trying to take even more from them with regards to healthcare and the proposed budget? How long will another child have to suffer from hunger because the republicans keep taking from the safety nets? How long will the least of these have to suffer because of greed that has taken hold of D.C.? How long? Lean Your heart toward us, God! 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment