Thursday, March 28, 2013

Prayer for My Friendship with Tom

Dear God,

I want to believe Tom when he says he's a friend, but then when he fails to keep his word about calling me or even brushes me off as not important, it hurts and I struggle to believe. I don't know what to do anymore. Please help.

I'm tired of trying to explain to him that friends shouldn't be squeezed into his work schedule. Friendships that are not work related but personal which is what we have now should be on personal time. But he doesn't get it. And it hurts.

I'm trying to understand that he also has family, but then that's when it really hurts. He just doesn't seem to have room or time for me. At all. Last week, we had our first in person time in three months and I understood that we were to have 1.5 hours, but we only had half that. Then earlier this week, he assured me that we'd talk later this week, and he hasn't called at all! It's a repeating pattern. Each time, the pain and frustration I feel get worse. Please help.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

P.S. I read that the pink eye could've caused my corneal inflammation which is robbing me of my vision and trying to rob me of my independence, my ability to drive. I'm scared about the prospect of needing surgery. I need my friends. I need Tom most of all. Why doesn't he get it?

P.P.S. If Tom isn't my friend anymore, then I don't want You anymore either!

No comments:

Post a Comment