Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Prayers for Alabama, Missouri and Oklahoma

Dear God,

I don't know anyone in Missouri but my friends and family in Alabama and Oklahoma as well as the strangers in Missouri need comfort, shelter, safety, peace and help. They are my neighbors, my friends, my family.

Why God, are there so many of these monster tornadoes? Is this what the end will be like? You said no one knows when the end will be here, although there are nutjobs that like to try to calculate Your time table.

You taught us all that You don't operate on a human agenda, but You are baffling me right now.

I don't know what to say or what to do. How do I comfort my family and friends who are being devastated by these monsters?

I pray for their safety. I pray that enough volunteers can be deployed to help. I pray for quick healing, quick recovery, quick restoration.

Casting Crowns sing "Praise You in This Storm." May it become an anthem for all of Your children, Your chosen, Your elect. May it be a comfort.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment